Q: Do fire codes require that my fire alarm system be inspected and tested on a regular schedule?
A: Yes. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), through it's National Fire Alarm code, NFPA 72, requires every commercial fire alarm system be inspected and tested annually. Further, local fire protection districts require, and often ask to review, a current fire alarm inspection report. Without a current report, fire marshals may invoke penalties, fines, or even require your business to close its doors until a system inspection is conducted.
Q: What is included in a Service Support Program from Tech Electronics?
A: Regardless of the specific life safety and/or communication system you have, Tech Electronics includes some or all of the following features in our Service Support Programs:
- Annual System test and inspection
- Service labor - business day or 24 hours
- Parts - fully covered or discounted
- Tech Help Desk Support - unlimited
- Software Support
- Discounts on system moves, adds, and changes
- On-going system training
Q: Why should I include service labor and parts in my Service Support Program? Can't I just pay for those only when I need them?
A: In addition to the many features of our Service Support Programs, and in addition to the breadth and depth of our service offerings, there are many business benefits to having a Service Support Program from Tech. Just some of them are:
- Provides cost effective risk management
- Protects against unexpected, unbudgeted repair expenses
- Insures a priority response to your service requests - before customers without a Support Program
- Protects the investment you have made in your critical life safety and communications systems
- Gives you total peace of mind regarding the condition of your systems, and the financial health of your budget